Sunday 23 April 2017

Questions, questions ...

There will, as I've said before, be a book about Malawi. A narrative is beginning to emerge from my scribbles. But it will take a while - there's a lot of Life around here at the moment.

In the meantime, is there anything you would like to know about my travels? Like this blue-footed boobie, this is your change to surprise me.




My writing focus is on drawing out a narrative thread that holds a journey together. But my experience when I talk about travelling is people asking about things that I take for granted. Such as: what shoes do I pack? How do I manage money? How do I find hotels? What about food? How do I meet people? How much planning do I do? How do I manage my laundry? What about toilets?

These are the details of travelling that I now take for granted, thing I only think about if I'm asked about them. So this is your chance to ask me - anything. I'll do my best to answer over the next week or few.

4 comments:

  1. Jo, I only want to know about the journey and the experiences you had, so I guess I'll have to wait for the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how, when planning a trip to somewhere remote, you decide whether or not you need a guide? (and if so, what would be your first step towards finding one)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could take any of it for granted - I'd love to see those places but going alone would terrify me

    ReplyDelete
  4. My question is similar to Jenny's. There are terrific guides around (in fact, I know a couple of people who write for them and they are pretty good). However, I always think that we make our own travel guide as we move along.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete