Sunday 17 June 2012

I'm off again, but not for long.

I'm going to Ireland, tomorrow, for a week. So this is a short post because I haven't packed yet. Or done the washing. Though I have drooled over the guidebook so know roughly where I'm going. (Well, I've looked at the pictures.)

Why - because a friend (Cath - good to know - and her family, for those of you who have read the book) suggested walking the Antrim coast. I'd be bonkers to turn down an opportunity like that.

And I shall have a few extra days while I'm there. Because ... I can. Do I really need a reason? I've never been to Northern Ireland before, so there's some exploring to do. Stories to discover. Songs to sing. Paths to walk.

I have no idea how things will shape up on the blog-front. If it tips with rain I might be all over the internet. Or I might be too busy with a guinness or two. I know only that I'll have a great time - and I'll post some photos and tell you all about it when I get back.

Well, maybe not all about it. My daughters might be listening.

9 comments:

  1. Up, up and and away! Have a great time, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether the weather be fine, or whether the weather be not... have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! Have a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know mother that last sentence really doesn't do anything to reassure me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a joke. Well, it might be a joke - we'll have to see!

      Delete
  5. Have a great time Jo. Drink lots of Guinness! D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. Am sure I'll manage plenty of guinness. And let's hope the sun shines on our walking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just published my memoirs (Good in Parts) with Lulu. I ordered two copies for my own use. Two copies arriced, both with the correct cover. One copy had my text inside, the other contained your book.
    I was disappointed as I had thought Lulu so efficient. My disappointment was lessened as I glanced through your book: it looks like a very good read.
    Good luck with your trip!
    Jasper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this, Jaspar. The other copy went to a friend of mine, and she's sorting things at her end.

      I hope you enjoy reading about my Gap Year - I'll ask my friend to pass your memoir when she's read it.

      Delete